Thursday, December 4, 2008

Going Underground

It's that time of year again, where you start putting in the 13-15 hour days with your nose stuck in a book, so I'm going out of commission until at least the 20th, whereupon I will once again, enrich your lives as I did in the days of yore.

BUT, as a last stand (until the 20th), I will leave you with some things to think about until that time

  • A recent post talked about the daily newspaper being one of the primary reasons he woke up every morning. There was just something about the palpable effects of a physical newspaper that he enjoyed; just like most sports fans, the thing he would do first is flip to the sports page to read up on who knows what is happening in the crazy world of athletics. Nowadays, however, he finds himself flipping to the sports section not just for that, but just to avoid the front page articles on the crumbling economy, different attacks, and general state of chaos. Sports is like a fantasy world where there are no worries. I sometimes find myself doing that, but I never noticed it until now . . .
  • Regardless of any excuses you can come up with, Obama has been spotted using a zune at a gym.
  • How many of you have heard of India going to war (legitimately)? They're close to something like that happening if Pakistan does not cooperate in turning over wanted terrorists tied in with the Mumbai bombings.
  • Elton Brand has been officially replaced by Zach Randolph. I'm sold.
  • If anyone has news of Detox coming out this winter, please inform me
  • If you are in limbo about making a big purchase now is the time to do so, as cars/houses/etc. are reaching record lows in pricing.
That's all for the next 16 days, Shady Business out

No comments: