Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Resurrection

It's been about two and a half years since my last blog post, and though that seems like a short amount of time, I've become a very different person. Technology and how we use it has also transformed considerably during this time.

In two and a half years, tablets are no longer the wave of the future but the foam at the shore of the present. The cloud is no longer just that thing you imagine to be soft as cotton balls if you were to jump out of an airplane. We approach communication at a completely different angle. My parents understand how to use skype. Facebook is updated from do everything phones that make the first time you got a phone with a camera on it seem pedestrian and honestly, a joke. News is brought to you the instant it happens on Twitter.

Everything is faster.

Yet here I am, writing a blog post, among the slowest reads, especially when regarding a topic the reader (you) may not be interested in.

Part of these last two and a half years resulted in a maturation (#humblebrag) of my thoughts, and though I love twitter, the unwritten rule of publishing few, concise tweets, no matter the topic has proved too constricting.

I may not post much, if at all. The topics may be random. At the end of the day, my plan is to use this space not to get my opinion 'out there', but just to get it out.

No comments: