Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesday Afternoon Cornerback

MAN. It's been a busy week and I haven't had a chance to update the blog, so this post is going to be a random post about anything and everything, with a little bit of sports as well, just like tuesday morning quarterback does it for espn.

  • Hurricane Gustav, let's start there. First of all, I wish nothing but the best for the people over there, I haven't read much about it, but you see pictures and hear news about it; it can't be anything to be happy about. I do wish, however, that the meteorologists would name it something else. For some reason, I can't take the name Gustav seriously. When the name comes to mind, I imagine The Count from sesame street saying it, which isn't what I should be imagining. I'm used to the usual hurricane names, which in their simplicity carry a sort of hustle-intimidation, and it actually makes me notice. Gustav isn't in that category.
  • If you ever decide to design airplanes, don't come up with the idea of square windows. Your plane will fracture, break, and possibly explode. Seriously.
  • If you do deltoids exercises, the one where you move your arm in the frontal plane (basically from your side out to the right), be careful, because you're putting about 269 pounds of force on your socket in the horizontal direction if you lift, get this, 13 pounds. Did I mention school started? Yeah my classes are finally getting semi interesting.
  • For anyone who reads the Eragon series, the final book, Brisingr, comes out on 9/20, so go and cop that book. That's what authors should say. Rappers say it when their album comes out, so why not? Cop that book.
  • Kevin Riley, the Cal quarterback threw the ball away! On a less important note, he played solid, won us the game, and officially won the starting job from Nate Longshore. Well not officially, but lets just say that the student section might be pissed if Longshore comes back in without good reason (Riley injury and nothing else). But anyways, Riley threw the ball away!
  • How about them Bruins? UCLA beat 18th ranked Tennessee, from the oh-so-powerful SEC. That's two years in a row they have lost to Pac-10 teams. USC demolished Virginia. Cal beat Michigan State. Maybe the Pac-10 shouldn't be such an underrated conference. . . Oh well, I like hustling, so its all good with me.
  • If you're tired of the same old music, Raphael Saadiq has an album coming out on 9/19. He's an R&B singer who came out with Get Involved a long time ago, but is a solid artist.
  • For the Berkeley residents, there's a North Face outlet store on 6th and Gilman street. Great deals. I just assumed everyone knew but apparently not many people know about it. Get your stuff from there.
  • Go on espn.go.com, search pontiac, and vote for Shane Vereen and Cal for the game changing performance!
  • Football hasn't really started yet. This week was cupcake week for college football, and the nfl starts next weekend. More on that in a later post, there will be much to talk about, including my complete dependence on the Minnesota Vikings kicking butt in order for me to do well in my fantasy league.
  • Rod Benson has moved to France! For those of you who don't know Boom Tho, look him up on toomuchrodbenson.com. But yeah, off to France to play pro-ball, best of luck to him, which I'm sure he will thank me for, seeing as he reads every word of my blog day in and day out.
  • As an avid gatorade fan, I have determined that Lemon Lime is still the best flavor they have. Hands down.
  • If you are looking for a comedy show to latch onto and don't know very many, watch 30 Rock and Big Bang Theory.
  • Euro-soccer leagues have started up again, but seeing as I have basic cable, I can only comment on what you can read on websites. I find that yahoo sports does the best job of getting news to me that I actually care about soccer wise, espn is too messy.
I think it's as if the world wants everyone to get settled first before throwing all the sports, tv, and other junk at you. On that note, I'll get back to you guys when there's something interesting worth talking about.

No comments: