Wednesday, August 20, 2008

now THATS shady

I'm watching men's gymnastics to follow the story of John Horton, who is basically the underdog in these olympics. He performs out of his mind on the high bar, something I, and many others, felt was better than the other Chinese gymnast's, but his score is just barely less.

Two other chinese gymnasts got inflated scores as well according to the commentators and some other analysts.

I am not taking anything away from the Chinese, they have worked hard; maybe it is because I don't understand how scoring works. If you actually understand how scoring works, please explain it to me. I want to convince myself that I am just another fan complaining about perfectly correct calls, and that home court advantage is NOT a little too advantageous right now, in an extra shady way . . .

No comments: