Monday, August 11, 2008

The Olympics So Far . . .

I couldn't help but mention the olympics, sorry. But are you kidding me? Phelps by himself is making the olympics ridiculously amazing; not only is he winning golds, which, I must admit, might have gotten boring (everyone needs a challenge), but he is literally, as my buddy pointed out, racing against the green line and nothing else.

And he's not just barely beating it. He's smashing it. What about the one where it was close? That was an amazing swim as well, with the Americans coming back to beat the trash talking French in the 4x100 relay. This is a really special year for Phelps and American swimming in general. I also like to win, so these together make me a happy camper.

ON TOP OF THAT, even gymnastics is getting me interested. The young, untested Americans are landing jumps, doing crazy stuff, but somehow still losing to the Chinese who mess up their jumps but go crazy on their difficulty levels. It's just the height of competition on gymnastics biggest stage.

I know some people may forget the olympics after tonight (Madden is coming out), or may not like them at all, but if you appreciate sports at the smallest possible level, you need to watch at least some part of the olympics.

No comments: